Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Post #1: "Le Petit Prince"

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction." 
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, "Wind, Sand, and Stars"


Le Petit Prince

This one inch tall figurine of "Le Petit Prince" (the little prince) and his friend the fox is the very first gift my wife gave me while we were first dating. "The Little Prince" had always been my absolute favorite book of all time and she knew it. For those of you who don't know it (please do yourself a favor and read it), it's a a very profound and philosophical book disguised as a very sweet children's story.

"It's only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye" is the most important secret in the world, says the fox to the prince. "It's the time that you spend with your rose is what make your rose so important".

The fox taught the prince what it means "to tame" someone. And whom you tame becomes so unique and special because he is the one that you love.

When we got engaged, the engraving on the ring my wife gave to me said "You have tamed me"

****
The Little Prince on Google books

1 comment:

  1. I also loved "Le Petit Prince" and I love The inscription in your ring - how romantic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails