Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Brief Encounter


57/365
Week 9 theme: STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 24 Feb-2 March

Brief Encounter


"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl.

"Bernstein" from the movie "Citizen Kane"
****************

I'm not usually a big fan of "selective coloring". Actually, it's not that simple. I don't really "hate" selective coloring but I feel that in the vast majority of cases it's "gimmicky" and overused. Still, I did use it on very few occasions where I felt it would work.

For this photo, I really tried to resist. I must have made 7 or 8 different versions with different edits. I kept going back to this one. I just felt it is the most striking. and after consulting with Gretchen, I decided to go with it.

I'm allowed 1 selective coloring photo a year. Arn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails